Wednesday, April 02, 2003

Some Modest Proposals

I've been a proud member of the Rocky Top Brigade for a couple of months now (since January 15, to be precise) and I'd like to make a couple of proposals.
  1. A number of us have participated in the Carnival of the Vanities, the rorating weekly roundup of blogging highlights. Since a number of us discuss different aspects of similar topics on our sites, how about a weekly or bi-weekly RTB "Carnival"? There are currently, at last count, 33 members of the RTB - a good number to provide a periodic "sampling" of facts, figure, rants, screeds, and unacceptable language. I'd be willing to host the first one or two, and maybe we could rotate it around. It might be a good way to enhance traffic (to those who need it) and might be fun. What do you say?

    PS - I'll leave it to the witty among you to come up with a name. "The Volunteer Tailgate Party" is all I've come up with so far...

  2. I've got all the RTB members listed in my blogroll to the right, and a couple other members do too. Some of us have just a few and some have no RTB links at all (other than the obligatory Instapundit link). I think it'd be nice to see the whole groups listed together on all our sites, but maybe that's just me....
Thank you for your time and attention, and we now return you to your regularly scheduled warblogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment