A continuing look at leaves from the book of Rebecca Lee Koborie:
- Rebecca was a friend and neighbor to Rebecca Vazquez in Guttenburg, NJ. She hung out at the pool and was friend to neighbor Rebecca's daughter.
- Rebecca was the aunt to a woman named Rachel, who was consoled by her good firend Amy Hackett of Bangor, Maine. Rebecca and Rachel were very close and Rebecca visited them in Maine very often.
- Rebecca was a friend of San Diegan Diane Rohrbach's sister Linda, who thought she was a very special person.
- Rebecca performed piano at Casa Dante's restaurant in Jersey City and so impressed one of the patrons, Cary Saccente of West New York, NJ that he left a tip and picked up her business card to remember to return and hear her again. He was never able to hear her again.
- Rebecca performed with Bob Timmons of New York at the Ocean City Dinner Theatre in Ocean City, MD. He remembers her kindness and amazing talent.
She had a mezzo-soprano voice that he still remembers clearly to this day.
- Rebecca performed for two years at the Commander Cabaret with Dawn Ovando of Salisbury, MD in the late 70's. Two years later she invited Dawn to visit NYC and they saw Dawn's first Broadway show, "Grease". This experience inspired Dawn to continue a performing career.
(Stories compiled from tributes submitted at Legacy.com)
If you knew Rebecca, or had some connection and would like to contact me with personal stories or anecdotes, please email me at email@example.com. I'd especially love to hear from family members and friends who can tell me more about her musical interests and history with music.