Friday, September 29, 2006

Friday's Feast

Friday's Feast

Friday, September 29, 2006 - Feast One Hundred & Thirteen

Appetizer - What is your favorite herb or spice?

My favorite herb or spice...my favorite herb or spice... Well, my favorite herb would be Herb Tarlek from "WKRP in Cincinnati" and my favorite spice would be the Spice Mines of Kessel (which Han Solo ran in less than 12 parsecs).


Soup - Name a song you like but haven't heard in a long time.

There's an old Asia tune called "The Smile Has Left Your Eyes" I haven't heard in a while that I always liked (the video had to do with a child being lost from his parents) - also 10,000 Maniacs did a tune called "What's the Matter Here" that was about child abuse and how some people just ignore the pain that's going on around them. Interesting, they both evoke strong emotions in me that relate to children and how they're treated or cared for.


Salad - If you were to take just one minute to write down as many things as you can think of that you need (not want) to do, approximately how many things would there be?

I need to schedule a new doctor's appt. I need to reserve rooms for TTA Conference next month. I need to finish two free-lance web design jobs. I need to start looking at the music for "The King & I" that I start Music Directing next week. I need to get new tires for my car. I need to get started and have the back door of the house repaired. I need to stop blogging at work ;) I need to be more responsive to the needs of my family. I need to stop wasting time playing Civilization III all night. I need to watch my NetFlix DVD's and actually return them. I need to help my son on my model. I need to know if a minute is up yet. I need to seriously examine my future employment possibilities. I need to improve my keyboard playing skills. I need to be more attentive to local and world events. I need this paddletoy - and that's all I need.


Main Course - Tell something interesting about one of your family members (nothing scandalous, please, just something unique).

My uncle has a doctorate and was a professor in New York, as well as having been married to a woman from Switzerland for a while.

Scandalous? There's nothing scandalous about my family. We're so clean we squeak.



Dessert - What's the latest you've ever stayed awake?

I've stayed up all night chatting on a very new internet chat during college a couple times. Happened to glance out the window at one point and saw it was light...uh-oh.

No comments:

Post a Comment