Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Habits Meme

I got tagged by Michael, so here goes:

The “rules” indicate that I should add this portion of text so here you go; enjoy.

The first player of this game starts with the topic “five weird habits of yourself,” and people who get tagged need to write an entry about their five weird habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next five people to be tagged and link to their web journals. Don’t forget to leave a comment in their blog or journal that says “You have been tagged” (assuming they take comments) and tell them to read yours.


1. When I'm busy with some kind of physical, social task - something where I'm moving around a good deal and talking to people - I'm constantly running my hand through my hair, as if it were hanging in my eyes. Those of you that know me or have seen my picture know that, well, that's not possible. My hair hasn't had the length to hang down in my eyes since I was, like, 12. So as a result, what little hair I have left tends to stick out in different spots after an evening of directing a play and hair-running. It must be like that "phantom pain" people feel who've lost a leg or an arm. I lost my bangs long ago, but I still feel they're there.


2. I'm always sniffing. Through some accident of nature, my nasal passages are constantly at least partially blocked, one side or the other. Not from illness, just a quirk of internal anatomy keeps me from breathing clearly and deeply very often, due to some congestion. So I'm always sniffing, just a little, just to keep the airways open. You know, it's that pesky "living" thing I like to do. Annoying.


3. I eat way too many chips and salty-type snacks, as long-time readers of my site know. I've tried twice to give them up for Lent, once much more successful than the other. They keep me from maintaining a good, stable weight (or consistently losing weight). But, you know, come 11pm or so I just have to have....something. Anything. ANYTHING!!!


4. As much as I love kids, I Can. Not. Stand to hear kids talking or crying or being disruptive in the movies, or church, or wherever I'm trying to listen to something in public. Parents have a responsibility to prevent their children from being disruptive as much as they would keep themselves from being disruptive, and if the child won't behave or be quiet, they should be taken outside. End of story, and it doesn't matter how much the parent wants to hear what's going on themselves. Is that a habit? Maybe, I'm not sure, but there it is.


5. I leave empty glasses sitting on the computer desk. It's not uncommon for there to be 5-6 empty glasses of tea waiting patiently to be taken away and washed, while I shift them around to create empty spaces for the current full one.




Yes, I know, terrible, terrible habits. I hereby tag Danielle, Cathy/Doug, Will, Lass and Becky.

No comments:

Post a Comment