Friday, August 19, 2005

Friday's Feast



Feast Sixty - Friday, August 19, 2005

Appetizer - Do you get excited when the season begins to change? Which season do you most look forward to?

That answer's changed a bit over the years. When I was a kid, I looked forward to summer the most (of course) but as I've gotten older I've gotten to enjoy spring and fall more. Spring especially, since I can't stand winter and it means warmer weather is coming. Fall means crisp air, the smell of fallen leaves and football. Change is nice, at least when you're changing from something good to something else good. Going into winter is horrible.

Soup - What day of the week is usually your busiest?

Tuesday is the busiest work day since I always have a Bible study in the morning at Shoneys with some friends of mine from church, and we have a staff lunch in the afternoon at work. Wednesdays are the busiest overall because we have church stuff all evening. Fridays are typically the lightest days.

Salad - Would you consider yourself to be strict when it comes to grammar and spelling? What's an example of the worst error you've seen?

I am pretty strict when it comes to grammar and spelling - I'm usually quite good at catching my own mistakes. It hacks me off to see the lack of precision and caring that a lot of online writers (term used loosely) who care more for just regurgitating their thoughts without regard for conventional writing rules.

My biggest pet peeve is spelling "lose" as "loose" - as in "He's a looser"...


Main Course - Who has a birthday coming up, and what will you give them as a gift?

Tink's 6th birthday is coming up in about a month, and we're planning some kind of princess or fairy party for her. As to what she's getting....I have no idea. Ask my wife ;)

Dessert - If you could have any new piece of clothing for free, what would you pick?

A complete Darth Vader costume for Halloween, complete with all the blinky lights and everything. Because since I was a kid I thought it would be the coolest thing ever (especially with my height and build) to be Vader for Halloween. So, if anybody has one lying around....

No comments:

Post a Comment