Friday, April 28, 2006

Friday's Feast

Friday's Feast

Friday, April 28, 2006 - Feast Ninety-One

Appetizer - On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how polite are you?

I try to be polite at all times, even to a point of shying away from situations where I probably could be a little more direct and forceful. Mainly because I feel there's so much impoliteness in the world, there needs to be some counterbalance. I also feel that a lot of being impolite has to do with our own insecurities and biases, so I tend to give most people the benefit of the doubt.

Nobody's perfect, however, and I don't always succeed - but I try. I'll say I'm about an 8 or 8-1/2.



Soup - What was the last thing that made you laugh out loud?

I laugh out loud all the time, so it's hard to pinpoint. Probably last night watching "Who's Line Is It, Anyway?" on ABC Family - that show more than any other has the ability to get me rolling in the floor...


Salad - Who is your favorite cartoon character?

Wow, that's tough. But I have to say Foghorn Leghorn because, well, he always has the best metaphors.


Main Course - Tell about the funniest teacher you ever had.

Probably Mr. Secrist in 11th grade American History/12th grade American Government. He taught history with a real twist and eye on what makes people thought, not just what the names and dates were. But he had a great sense of humor. I don't remember specifically things he did that were funny but you were always relaxed and ready to learn something in his class.

Dessert - Complete this sentence: I strongly believe that ______________________.

I strongly believe that democracy will eventually be brought to the majority of the middle east, but it will require many brave people who live there to step up and take responsibility for themselves, their lives, their religion and their ethnicities. We can give them the model, the encouragement, the protection and all the support but they have to want it and be willing to sacrifice to get it. But everyone's human, and if we can do it so can they.

No comments:

Post a Comment