Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Happy Belated Mole Day

I knew something had slipped my mind last month. And I so enjoy the Mole parade every year, culminating in the annual "Pi a la mole" eating contest. Ah well, there's always next year.

Read all about the annual Mole Day festivities, each October 23 from 6:02 am to 6:02 pm, which celebrates some scientific formula for calculating the weight of molecules. Or something.

However, I can experience Mole Day through the experiences of others - here's the The Top 7 Ways We Celebrated Mole Day:

7> We attended the big Moleing Stones concert.

6> I got my annual beating from my wife for yelling, "Holy Moly!
Get it, honey?" one too many times.

5> "Here we go 'round the moleberry bush, the moleberry
bush...."

4> By discussing how much we dig science, man!

3> Same as every Mole Day: Got liquored up with the other
chemistry professors and tagged the physics building with
periodic table graffiti.

2> I stopped at my old high school to reflect on Mr. Seeger, the
man who first inspired me to pursue a career in chemistry. I'm
sure he'd be proud to know that I'm the top chemist in my
basement meth lab.

and the Number 1 Way We Celebrated Mole Day...

1> Stared at Cindy Crawford's face.

No comments:

Post a Comment