Monday, November 29, 2004

Glory Days of High Speed Access

I finally got word that high-speed internet and digital cable providor Knology will be available in our area in the next 30-60 days.

Goodbye dialup - forever!

It's been a comedy of errors with Knology's access throughout Knoxville. My parents in Fountain City (north suburb) have had it for a while. My in-laws have had it for several years in two different locations they've lived around the city (south of Kingston Pike and Western Avenue area), a number of friends of ours from church in the Bearden area have had it for years, but finally....finally....my neighborhood - a mere mile or so from their local corporate offices - apparently will be getting the service soon.

Of course, until it's actually hooked up and running, I'll believe it when I see it.

That said - regarding high-speed cable always-on access... what would you recommend for a firewall protection? I already have McAfee virus scanner, should I just continue to go with them?

No comments:

Post a Comment