Friday, December 15, 2006

Friday's Feast

Friday's Feast

Friday, December 15, 2006 - Feast One Hundred and Twenty Two


Appetizer - What was your very first job with a paycheck?

I worked as an usher at Halls Cinema 4 when I was in my first year of college - that was my first job with an actual paycheck. In fact I may have actually started that summer after I graduated before I started UT. Later the theatre upgraded to 7 screens, and I heard recently that it is now or soon will be closing. Bummer. I had a lot of good times in that theatre :)


Soup - Did you ever lose something really important to you?

I watched "Arrested Development" three times over a span of months, as a favor to Michael. Unfortunately that's an hour and a half of my life I lost and will never get back...


Salad - What is the best Christmas present you ever received?

A fiancee :) My wife and I publicly "proposed" to each other at the Wesley Foundation Christmas service at UT back in December of 1991.


Main Course - Tell about a favorite "hang out" place for you and your friends when you were in high school.

While it was never quite the equal of Arnold's on "Happy Days", after football games a lot of us went to Mr. Gatti's pizza on Clinton Highway. I enjoyed doing that. It's gone now, too.


Dessert - Name something that always brings a smile to your face.

My kids would be the sappy answer, but I always laugh if I'm watching "Who's Line is it Anyway" or "The Dick Van Dyke Show"

No comments:

Post a Comment