Friday, December 02, 2005

Pumped on Pachelbel

Had a great show last night - the audience was comparatively small, but pumped. The band fit back together quite nicely, after being off for several days. Well, they were - I wasn't. I and the rest of the cast did three mornings of school shows for the kiddies of Knox and Anderson county. Six slightly abbreviated performances over three mornings, and a full one last night.

But the crowd was enthusiastic and the cast picked up on it.

And coming home last night, on a bit of a high from the performance, I heard Pachelbel's Canon on the radio. Which, when done right, can inspire me to new heights. It's just a wonderful piece, I think it's probably the elevator music in heaven. That and Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring (well, before it was hijacked by every wedding in the last 15 years). And also Respighi's Pines of Rome.

What do you think the elevator music in Hell must be?

No comments:

Post a Comment