- True Happiness:
Me: So, do you know where you get to go on Thursday?
Gigglegirl: To Grandma and Grandads!!! (my parents)
Me: And spend the night, and where do you get to spend the night Friday night?
Gigglegirl: Grandma and Grandads!!! (getting more excited)
Me: Yep. And THEN! And THEN, on Saturday, you know where you get to go and spend the night and part of Sunday?
Gigglegirl: (thinks for a moment) Mimi and Pop's!!! (my wife's parents)
Me: Uh, huh. And THEN!! (I get real close to her face) Do YOU know where you're going on Monday for the first time??
Gigglegirl: (ponders for a second, then eyes light up, and she squeals, jumping up and down) KINDERGARTEN!!!!!!!!
That, my friends, is happiness.
- Several hours later, I saw another fire engine near the airport - this time, fortunately, headed away. Well, unfortunately for those it was actually responding to, but you know...
- Is it also any less masculine of me to admit I tried out on of those home-dance PlayStation game things last night. We had dinner at the home of some friends of ours, and they have a 14-year-old daughter. She showed us how it works, and of course I had to show them how it was really done. All 6'2" of me.
- Is it any less masculine of me to say I really enjoyed splurging on new clotheses for my 20th High School Reunion this weekend? New suit, pants, shirt, sport coat...
- It's never fun to see a fire engine, lights and sirens blazing, headed toward the airport.
- The Super-Exciting Season Finale to THE 4400!!!
UPDATE: For Leslie - see link to Playstation game above.