Thursday, October 04, 2007

Blogging From Orlando - Day 8

Time, the ever-flowing river....

I need a vacation from my vacation.

I think...I think...I think this time it's going to work!

We're not insured for this.

Have you seen my horse?

Ok, enough with the Universal parks ride quotes. On to the post.

THURSDAY

Filming at Universal Studios Florida

  • Today Gary, Phillip and I roamed USF filming scenes for their sequel to last year's blockbuster: Mission: IOA. In this version, Rex and The Beast...well, I won't give too much away. When it's all done, I'll post a link and you can see all three of us chewing scenery, getting all dramatic and generally making life miserable for the employees and other guests, especially the ones in the E.T. line.

  • Gary and Phillip are incredible Universal fans - they have season passes and don't even live in the state. They fly down 2-3 times a year to visit the parks and know them all backwards and forward. It's no secret that Disney parks in general and EPCOT particularly are my favorites, but Universal parks are fun for a diversion from time to time. I want to bring my kids maybe in a couple of years when they'll both be old enough to enjoy all the rides. Plus they'll soon be adding a "Harry Potter" land to Islands of Adventure, so that will be a big selling point.

  • The day was again very hot, even worse than yesterday. Sweating was profuse and outside scenes were shot as quickly as possible. If you happened to be visiting USF on October 4, 2007 and happened to see three late-thirties/early-forties guys wandering around with a bunch of video cameras, acting like total loons, that would be us.

  • At one point I pretend to shoot Philip with a little "cricket" gun from Men in Black. He also dives to the ground to get away. There are clandestine meetings in San Francisco, frantic chases through Central Park and bugged meetings in Mel's Diner.

  • Danger! Suspense! Intrigue! Am I Selling This! Too Much! Ok, that's enough.
Tomorrow we finish up filming at Islands of Adventure, then Laura and I drive to the airport and head home. Therefore the final Blogging From Orlando - Day 9 post will probably not be up till sometime on Saturday. Try to contain your suspense.

No comments:

Post a Comment