Thursday, February 09, 2006

The Case of the Phantom Post-It Note

God only knows who added item to agenda
"A resolution recognizing God as the foundation of "our national heritage" was mysteriously added to this month's Knox County Commission agenda.

Jolie Bonavita, director of the commission office, said all she knew was that she had a note on her desk to add the resolution. She said she did not know who requested that."
Ok, let me get this straight. You're saying a note appeared on your desk, requesting you add this item to the Knox County Commission agenda. An unsigned note, apparently. And you went ahead and did it without consulting anyone? Is, um, the way business is usually transacted at the City County Building, by corners torn off of napkins?

I think I'm going to pay a cleaning person to leave an unsigned note on her desk for me that requests the county cut me a check for about $100,000. I'll let you know when I get it, and take all the Knoxville bloggers out to dinner ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment