Tuesday, December 21, 2004

TV Tuesday

Week 36 - Christmas Specials

Only four more days until Christmas! And then means only one thing--only four more days of Christmas specials! Every year, there are classics that are shown and a couple of new specials try to gain the title of classic. This week, we'll look at those Christmas specials.

1. What is your favorite Christmas special?

I always loved John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together. I need to find the soundtrack on CD...the 12 Days of Muppet Christmas was a classic :)

2. Do you have a Christmas special that you don't care for as much?

Never watched the White House Christmas Special. Never cared.

3. One recent trend is making sequels to popular or successful Christmas specials. Do you like or dislike this trend? Why?

I don't think I've noticed many. I did see a couple of trends this year I hadn't seen before - sequels to classic Christmas specials. So far I've seen two new Charlie Brown Christmas tales, one with Rerun (! - Linus and Lucy's little brother introduced to the strip in later years) and several of Snoopy's brothers. The music was the same as the classic special, but it's mostly about the Van Pelt family. I remarked to my family in my best Ian Malcom/Jeff Goldblum voice at one point during the show, "This show actually is about Charlie Brown, right?

I also saw a "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" sequel made in CGI that was....odd.


4. Is there a book, story or song just waiting to be turned into a great Christmas special?

You know, they should turn that old Charles Dickens novel, "A Christmas Carol" into a holiday special... nobody's ever done that one before...

~ BONUS ~ Share some of your favorite memories of Christmas specials growing up. Also, if you have kids, what is the one Christmas special that you look forward to sharing with them either when they're old enough or each year?

"Santa Claus is Coming To Town", which they've seen twice this year....and I've missed both times. Rats. Maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment