Thursday, December 16, 2004

3 Things

Three Names You Go By:
1. Barry
2. Mr. Barry
3. Daddy

Three Screennames You Have:
1. Barry
2. Joshua
3. Phoenix

Three Things You Like About Yourself:
1. My ability to sense what other people are feeling, and adjust my interaction with them accordingly
2. My love and respect for kids, and the fact I enjoy just being around and teaching kids
3. I try to find the good in people and the hope and promise in different situations, rather than looking for and assuming that bad is inevitable.

Three Things You Hate/Dislike About Yourself:
1. Judgementalism
2. I have a memory like a broken sieve
3. Very difficult to admit I was wrong about something, or that I screwed up.

Three Parts of Your Heritage:
1. Scotch
2. Irish
3. Since both sides of my family have lived in East Tennessee for decades and probably centuries, probably some Cherokee somewhere down the line.

Three Things That Scare You:
1. Nuclear weapons
2. Letting my kids out of my attention range for more than a half-second.
3. Guns, and the thought of #2 mixing with #3

Three of Your Everyday Essentials
1. James Lileks
2. Big Orange Michael
3. seductive kisses

Three Things You Are Wearing Right Now
1. White cable-knit sweater
2. Brown loafers
3. Light blue tank top under the sweater

Three of Your Favorite Bands/Artists (at the moment):
1. The Beatles
2. Huey Lewis and the News
3. Phil Collins/Genesis

Three of Your Favorite Songs at Present:
1. "When You Wish Upon a Star" from Pinocchio and "Circle of Life" from Lion King
2. "The Long and Winding Road" by the Beatles
3. "Stars" and "Bring Him Home" from Les Miserables

Three New Things You Want to Try in the Next 12 Months:
1. A new career direction
2. Play in a racquetball league and really get myself and family into going to our fitness center a lot more
3. Finish the home improvements we've been planning for years.

Three Things You Want in a Relationship (love is a given):
1. Quality Time
2. Physical Closeness
3. Partnership, Teamwork and Mutual Respect

Two Truths and a Lie:
1. I once had a date laugh in my face when I tried to kiss her goodnight, and continue laughing as I beat a hasty retreat down the front steps to my car.
2. My college roommate and I once collected so many old pizza delivery boxes they stacked higher than our heads in the kitchen, until we discovered the colony of roaches that mistook them for condos.
3. I played the Tin Man in my 6th grade school play, complete with silver makeup, silver cardboard cylinder costume and silver wooden axe that I still own to this day.

Which is the lie? Guess in the Comments


Three Physical Things About the Opposite Sex (or same) That Appeal to You:
1. Full head of hair - my wife's is brown, and she lets it grow out occasionally, and occasionally keeps it short - but I've always loved long, full hair.
2. Eyes that smile and mirror an inner happiness
3. Um...those..you know.... Both of 'em. Well, I do...

Three Things You Just Can’t Do:
1. Roll my tongue into a tube
2. Remember what I came into the kitchen for...
3. Watch a UT football game without getting upset about something.

Three of Your Favorite Hobbies:
1. Reading
2. Watching my kids discover something new and wonderful
3. Childhood nostalgia (70's Saturday Morning TV, etc)

Three Things You Want to do Really Badly Right Now:
1. Take an Aleve
2. Go home and nap on the couch for about three hours
3. Change the hearts and minds of all Americans and convince everyone to start celebrating the Christmas season in December, not September.

Three Careers You’re Considering:
1. Theatre Directing
2. New Media Internet Production
3. Space Exploration (hey, never hurts to be prepared)
Bonus. Buy a boat and become a beach bum in St. Maartin

Three Places You Want to Go on Vacation:
1. Any island in the Caribbean with a "St." in front of it
2. Disney World
3. Scotland

Three Kids Names:
1. Frank Hardy
2. Jupiter Jones
3. Ramona Geraldine Quimby

Three Things You Want to Do Before You Die:
1. Direct a play. A real play, or a musical. For a lot of people, somewhere important and relevant that can get me noticed.
2. Hang glide
3. Conduct a symphony. Wait, conduct "Pines of Rome". Or "American Symphony" from Mr. Holland's Opus. Or anything from Star Wars. Or "1812 Overture". Or "Ride of the Valkyries". Or....

(Hat tip to Sugarfused)

No comments:

Post a Comment