Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Movie Quotes Meme

Becky's been doing this for a while and Logtar has challenged me, so here it goes:
* Pick 15 of your favorite movies.
* Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie.
* Post them on your blog for everyone to guess. Fill in the film title once it’s been guessed.

The Rules

* Leave guesses in the comments.
* No Googling or using IMDB search functions. Don’t cheat, suckas!
* Know-it-alls, limit your guesses to three movies.
The Quotes

1. Play the sunset.
(Glen Holland/Richard Dreyfuss, "Mr. Holland's Opus" - Becky)

2. It wouldn't be terrible at all. It would be a miracle, not to mention the money I'd save on epsom salts and ace bandages.
(Audrey, "Little Shop of Horrors" - Rich)

3. I need to talk to you. Every time I call you're either taking a bath, washing your hair or you're out of the country. That was a good one, by the way.

4. Now hear this, now hear this. This is your Captain speaking. My fine pinioned pirates, we're approaching the tricky buoy! Sharpen your cutlasses! There may be skullduggery ahead!

5. My little brother got his arm stuck in the microwave. So my mom had to take him to the hospital. My grandma dropped acid this morning, and she freaked out. She hijacked a busload of penguins. So it's sort of a family crisis. Bye!
(Lane Myer/John Cusack, "Better Off Dead" - Rich)

6. Well, it's a puzzle because, technically, you're not alive. Except you're conscious, so we don't know what it means.
(Paramedic, "Return of the Living Dead" - Rich)

7. Fish, and plankton. And sea greens, and protein from the sea.

8. Remember you told me to tell you when you were acting rudely and insensitively? Remember that? You're doing it right now.
(Jim Sting, "WarGames" - Cathy)

9. Hey, hey, I'm sorry, okay? Twenty-six years buried in the deepest, darkest jungle and I still became my father.
(Alan Parrish/Robin Williams, "Jumanji" - Cathy)

10. Not beautiful you understand, but you have a certain prettiness, different from my other heads. I believe I'll lock you in the tower for a few years until your head is ready. And then I'll take it.
(Mombi, "Return to Oz" - Misty)

11. Jack, let me straighten you out on a couple of points. One, that wall is an ancient ruin. Two, this island is uninhabited. [Loud drumming begins] ...And three, there's an uninhabited German beer hall down there with a mechanical band.

12. So that's how my twelfth husband died. So, now I'm a widow. Well, I've always been a black widow, so now I'm a black widow widow.

13. So, let me get one thing straight here... We have a pro football team now, but they're in Nashville?
(Chuck Noland/Tom Hanks, "Cast Away" - Susan)

14. Patriotism swells in the heart of the American bear.

15. They were about to confront the villain in its lair, FVB, the evil force that would poison young minds, pollute the environment, and subvert the democratic process.
(Mr. Kite/George Burns, "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" - Cathy)

Good luck!

2 comments:

  1. 2-Audrey from Little Shop of Horrors
    5-Lane Myer from Better Off Dead
    6-PAramedic from Return of the Living Dead

    ReplyDelete