Friday, May 05, 2006

Friday's Feast

Friday's Feast

Friday, May 05, 2006 - Feast Ninety-Two

Appetizer - From which country(s) are some (or all) of your ancestors?

My ancestors, like so many others in East Tennessee, are Scotch/Irish. It's interesting, though it defies all rational explanation except for the fact that the hills of the Great Smoky Mountains are similar to the Scottish highlands, I would feel perfectly at home here even if I hadn't grown up here. It's almost like there's a sense memory that is passed through the genes of those who emigrated from Scotland and settled here, and all their descendants. It manifests itself in the music, the dance, the atmosphere, the personalities - it's just very Celtic, and I can feel it almost as a tangible thing.


Soup - How would you describe your sneeze?

I like to sneeze. If I ever feel one of those maybe/maybe not kind of sneezes coming on, I try to find a light and stare at it. That always helps the sneeze right along. Usually I try to control it, but when I'm alone in the car and the situation just calls for it, I can let loose with a window-shattering sneeze. It's very...um...cathartic.


Salad - What is the last thing you cleaned?

Besides myself, this morning in the shower? I washed my hands a couple times today. I cleaned up my plate and Laura's plate after dinner. I need to clean some glasses away from the computer desk where they always tend to congregate over the span of several days...


Main Course - Who made the strongest first impression on you?

I can't think of anyone I've met that really made a huge impression on me the very first time. I guess I could say my wife, Laura ;)


Dessert - Name one thing you want to accomplish in your lifetime.

Boy, I'd love to go into space - somehow, somewhere, someday. I'd also like to be thought of as a successful theatre director, at whatever level is necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment