Thursday, June 05, 2008

Meme from Trumwill

1. What is your occupation?
Website Coordinator for local healthcare system.

2. What color are your socks right now?
Brown

3. What are you listening to right now?
Mostly silence. The hum of my computer, the A/C, and the fluorescents of my office.

4. What was the last thing that you ate?
A little snack bag of Cheetos.

5. Can you drive a stick shift?
Nope.

6. Last person you spoke to on the phone?
My wife, Laura, about a work project we were finishing up. She works for the same health system and she's occasionally one of my "clients".

7. Do you like the person who tagged you?
I wasn't really tagged, although Will said he thought I'd probably do it. I've never met Will in person but he seems like a nice guy. I've been reading his site for years.

8. How old are you today?
41. But tomorrow, who knows? I could suddenly by 5!

9. What is your favorite sport to watch?
Probably football. Any other time I would say baseball but I just haven't been into it as much these past few years.

10. What is your favorite drink?
Iced tea (sweet)

11. Have you ever dyed your hair?
Ha! Um, no.

12. Last time you hugged your child?
This morning before they left for camp.

13. Favorite food?
Pizza - pepperoni or meat lovers especially. Also fettuccine alfredo, tacos, popcorn and chips.

14. What was the last movie you watched?
Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Crystal Skull

15. Favorite day of the year?
I suppose Christmas, mostly because of the kids. But the hype leading up to Christmas throughout December and a lot of November dilutes the arrival of the actual day somewhat. I've grown more partial to Halloween the last few years for some reason.

16. How do you vent anger?
Most of the time I get sullen and quiet, giving people the silent treatment. Unfortunately other times I let my (worse) nature get the better of me and I can get a bit rude. Usually this happens in instances where I feel I've been wronged or mistreated, and need to assert myself again. Unfortunately this happens at work far too often.

17. What was your favorite toy as a child?
Star Wars Death Star action figure playset.

18. What is your favorite season?
I've fluxuated through my life from spring to summer to fall - now I'm back to spring again :) Never, ever, ever winter though. Useless toad of a season that is...

19. Ocean or pool?
Actually pool. I like to look at the ocean, I don't particularly care to get in it. Probably dates back to a particularly nasty jellyfish incident when I was a kid...

20. Cherries or Blueberries?
Cherries!!

21. Do you want your family & friends to participate?
Sure, if they want. I don't have many offline friends or family that have blogs though. Big Orange Michael is by far the blogger I know the best in the offline world.

22. Who is the most likely to respond?
Not sure. Probably Logtar.

24. Living arrangements?
Live with the wife and kids!

25. When was the last time you cried?
I've answered this question in a couple other memes - sometimes the finality and future of my kids' lives will hit me out of nowhere and I'll just tear up. *sniff*

26. What is on the floor of your closet?
Shoes, dirty towels waiting to be washed.

27. Who is the family or friend you have known the longest that you are tagging?
No tags, but again it would be Michael.

28. What did you do last night?
Ate dinner with the family at Texas Roadhouse (both mine and Laura's steaks were undercooked and we had to send them back), went to church choir practice then to Target.

29. Hawaii or Florida?
I love going to Florida, especially Orlando so I would never pass up an opportunity to go back down there. But I've never been to Hawaii, and after learning so much about it from Becky's stay here, I'd love to see it. Count me in on a "both" on that question.

30. What inspires you?
My kids constantly inspire me to remember you don't have to lose innocence to exist in the world.

31. What are you most afraid of?
Failing those I care about. Irrelevancy and uselessness. I fear not succeeding, and being important in the things I do.

32. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers?
Cheese, please. With bacon if possible.

33. Favorite dog breed?
We have a beagle/basset hound mix (a "bagel"). I really like Cocker Spaniels, though...

34. Favorite day of the week?
Weekends are more or less like any other day except I just don't have to go to work so Saturdays and Sundays are not that big of a deal. For a long time I looked forward to Thursday because a lot of good TV shows were on that night, so I still feel Thursday's a good day. Hey, that's today!

35. How many states have you lived in?
Only Tennessee. I did stay for 3 months in Daytona Beach, FL when I worked for a summer at a repertory theatre, but I don't consider it "living" there.

36. Do you like these questionnaires?
I do, but only when the questions are fairly unique. I've answered some of these before here and there. I like real off-the wall questions that actually end up revealing something interesting about my or someone else's personality.

37. What kind of car did your very first date drive?
I haven't the slightest idea.

38. What is the last book you read?
I just finished "An Innocent Man" by John Grisham and "The Ruins" by Scott Smith. Would recomend the former, not the latter. I also recently finished "1633" by David Weber and am currently reading, "Dragonlance: Dragons of the Highlord Skies (The Lost Chronicles, Volume Two)" by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman. There's nothing I like better than losing myself in the Dragonlance universe ;)

39. What are your hobbies?
Computer games, music.

40. Can you still make the Hula Hoop stay around your waist?
Never really could.

No comments:

Post a Comment