Friday, February 23, 2007

Friday's Feast



Friday, February 23, 2007 - Feast One Hundred & Thirty Two

Appetizer - Where on your body do you have a scar, and what caused it?

Last year I was at the Oak Ridge Playhouse rehearsing the band for dress rehearsal week. We had set up in the lobby, and I needed to run down to the stage to get some instruments. I ran down the aisleway and, suddenly thinking I was still in high school, broad-jumped onto the stage. Well, that was the plan, anyway. I was wearing shorts, and something on the edge of the stage caught my thigh and cut a nice long (but shallow) gash. It hurt like crap for several days, and there's still a scar. The embarrassment of it all was the worst part...


Soup - What is something that has happened to you that you would consider a miracle?

Many years ago my wife and I were driving back from North Carolina to Tennessee via I-40 through the Smokey Mountains. If you've ever driven that route, you know it's very twisty and turny. That day there happened to be a lot of traffic, and it was particularly stressful making sure you didn't smash into the person in front of you (and the guy behind you avoided doing the same). I turned my head to say something to Laura and glanced back to see traffic had come to a complete stop in front of me, while I was still tooling along at 40+ mph. I slammed on my brakes, actually pressing the pedal all the way to the floor for the first time I can recall. We screeched to a halt behind the car ahead of us with only a couple inches to spare.

Playing on our tape player? "Angels Watching Over Me" by Amy Grant.



Salad - Name a television personality who really gets on your nerves.

Oh, so many...so many. Simon Cowell, though I never watch American Idol. I've never been able to watch Jeffrey Tambor act. Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly grate on my nerves, as did Rush when he had a show. The most worthless, annoying and unwatchable user of airtime in the history of television, however, has to be Howard Stern.


Main Course - What was a funny word you said as a child (such as "pasketti" for "spaghetti")?

I can't think of any I used to say, but my son said "wakkim" for napkin and "ashleye" for eyelash. He still gets kidded for that by his little sister...


Dessert - Fill in the blank: I have always thought ______ was ______.

I have always thought improv comedy was the funniest comic form today.

Ok, that was lame...

No comments:

Post a Comment