Monday, June 07, 2004

TV Tuesday

Week 13 - Daytime Talk TV

From the tame and elegant setting of Oprah to the wild and crazy brawls of Jerry Springer daytime talk TV has a little bit of everything. They've got make-overs, psychics, paternity suits and things you'd rather not know about but their ratings are through the roof!! Like them or hate them they're part of TV culture.

1. Do you watch daytime talk TV? If so, which shows do you watch? Do you prefer the calm shows like Oprah or the wilder side like Jerry Springer?

Sorry, don't watch any of them. If I had to, I'd watch a light variety show like Ellen Degeneres or Wayne Brady. But that's only if I was forced to, by like, being in a full-body cast or something.

2. Which daytime talk TV show would you like to be on? What would the topic be?

If I had to appear on one, it'd be on one of the above-mentioned shows. I like both of the hosts, and I think I'd have a good time. No confrontations, no controversies, just fun chatter. Of course, I'd have to be promoting my new movie, or book or something ;)

3. Is there a daytime talk TV show you miss that's no longer on the air? Is there someone you'd like to see get a daytime talk TV show?

Can't think of any I miss. Someone who might be interesting would be Nathan Lane, but he'd have to do a lot of Broadway stuff.

~Bonus~ Before talk TV took over game shows ruled the airways during the day, which do you prefer? Or are you a soap opera fan?

I've followed Days of our Lives off an on (mostly off) since I was in school because my mom watched it during the day when I was a kid. It was just a family tradition. She still tells me occasionally what's going on...

No comments:

Post a Comment