Friday, May 02, 2003

Today is our Independence Day!

Commander in Chief lands on USS Lincoln

"President Bush made a landing aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln Thursday, arriving in the co-pilot's seat of a Navy S-3B Viking after making two fly-bys of the carrier.

[...]"Yes, I flew it. Yeah, of course, I liked it," said Bush, who was an F-102 fighter pilot in the Texas Air National Guard after graduating from Yale University in 1968."
Well, this is a big comfort to me now. In case the Earth ever gets invaded by aliens, we actually do have a Commander-In-Chief who can defend us flying a fighter jet.

Randy Quaid, call your service.


P.S. Ok, call me a geek. Every time I see that movie, I tear up at Bill Pullman's rally speech to the pilots and troops near the end....*sniff*

No comments:

Post a Comment